ASSONIME IS THE ASSOCIATION OF ITALIAN JOINT STOCK COMPANIES.
Assonime was established on 22 November 1910 with the aim of analysing issues directly and indirectly related to the interests and the development of the Italian economy (Art. 2 of its charter). In this context, the association:
- contributes to the implementation of industrial, commercial, administrative and fiscal legislation, with an emphasis on companies and the evolution of their productive activities;
- contributes to the cultural enhancement of the economic environment and to broadening the knowledge, domestically and internationally, of Italy’s legal system and economic situation, also through the publication of periodicals and monographs;
- protects the collective interests of its members;
- provides its members with information on Italian legislative and administrative measures, as well as on important foreign measures concerning industrial, commercial, administrative and fiscal matters;
- elaborates and promotes, also in collaboration with other organisations, studies and publications on law and economy and collects data and news that is of interest to its members;
- provides its members with clarification and guidelines on industrial, commercial, administrative, fiscal and currency legislation.